Getbhavcopy: Free NSE and BSE data downloader

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussions > NSE and BSE historical data in Metastock format.

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi,

I have compiled historical NSE and BSE data in Metastock format and have uploaded it to Rapishare. This data is compatiable with Getbhavcopy i.e. you can use Getbhavcopy to downloade daily EOD data from NSE and BSE servers and update it.

National Stock Exchange, India (Metastock Format)

NSE_20081213.zip

Bombay Stock Exchange, India (Metastock Format)

BSE_20081230.part01.rar

BSE_20081230.part02.rar

BSE_20081230.part03.rar

BSE_20081230.part04.rar

BSE_20081230.part05.rar

BSE_20081230.part06.rar

BSE_20081230.part07.rar

BSE_20081230.part08.rar

NSE and BSE historical data in Metastock format from 4shared

Download NSE and BSE Historical data in Metastock format from 4shared.com

The same NSE and BSE Historical data is also available in ASCII format in the topic NSE and BSE Historical data in ASCII format.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

January 31, 2009 at 4:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hello,

For those of you who are on the BSNL network and cannot download the files from Rapishare, I have uploaded the files on 4shared.com too.

Download NSE and BSE historical data in Metastock format from 4Shared.com

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

January 31, 2009 at 4:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DINESH KUMAR

hai  i am dinesh

i am in stock market for past 7 years

i have my own business

--
February 3, 2009 at 12:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi Dinesh,

good to have experienced people like you as members of my site. I bank on your guidence to help people learn technical analysis in this forum. Do go ahead and start posting some tips and strategies in the forums.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

February 3, 2009 at 1:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DINESH KUMAR

Hemen at 01:48PM on Feb 03, 2009

Hi Dinesh,

good to have experienced people like you as members of my site. I bank on your guidence to help people learn technical analysis in this forum. Do go ahead and start posting some tips and strategies in the forums.

hai Hemen

I cant able to download the microsoft .NET Framework 3.5) in my system , it says that it does not support to your system

pls help how to download it

February 4, 2009 at 4:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hello Dinesh,

This is not related to this topic thread about NSE and BSE historical data. Can you please create a new post thread in the General Discussion area. That way other users can also see your issue and can help you.

Currently I do not know what is the exact issue with your machine. Please post some detailed error message in your new post.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

February 4, 2009 at 10:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

renu

can u add just bse indices in nse and i dont see bse stocks names instead its symbol difficult to recognise teh stock

February 5, 2009 at 1:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi Renu,

I understand your requirement to add just BSE indices to the NSE data file created. While it is technically possible, it does not fit well into the Object Oriented design of Getbhavcopy 2.0 onwards (this is something realted to computer programming rather than technical analysis).

As for the BSE stocks, I do understand it is difficult to remember the stock symbols, but the BSE bhavcopy file has the symbols in it. I will write a small blog entry later today that can guide users to set the name of such stocks in Metastock. I am not aware how to do it in Amibroker or other TA softwares.

Thanks for using Getbhavcopy.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

February 5, 2009 at 4:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DINESH KUMAR

Hemen at 04:17PM on Jan 31, 2009

Hi,

I have compiled historical NSE and BSE data in Metastock format and have uploaded it to Rapishare. This data is compatiable with Getbhavcopy i.e. you can use Getbhavcopy to downloade daily EOD data from NSE and BSE servers and update it.

National Stock Exchange, India

NSE_20081213.zip

Bombay Stock Exchange, India

BSE_20081230.part01.rar

BSE_20081230.part02.rar

BSE_20081230.part03.rar

BSE_20081230.part04.rar

BSE_20081230.part05.rar

BSE_20081230.part06.rar

BSE_20081230.part07.rar

BSE_20081230.part08.rar

Mr Hemen , Above are the links u have give to download the nse and bse shares upto date . 

bse_20081230.part01.rar  to bse_20081230.part08.rar

I  have downloaded it to my desktop but it downloaded like a windows media player icon .   So how to open the file and use in metastock format till date ,,,,, Pls rply ME  soon.............. Thanks

--
February 7, 2009 at 1:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi Dinseh,

You will need the utility called Winrar to merge and extract the files. You can download it from WinRAR from download.com.

First download and install winrar.

Copy all the BSE rar file (all 8 files in one directory)

Double click the part01.rar file. All files will be merged automatically and you can extract the data.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

February 7, 2009 at 2:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

aksoni

Hi Hemen,

I m anand soni from Delhi. I find getbhavcopy very helpful.

I use Aptistock.

I have a problem regarding Splits/Bonuses, how to adjust data for these stocks.

I refered to decumentation section on these site, where u hav mentioned the solution in context to Metastocks, please advise me regarding the adjustment to be made reagrding Aptistocks.

Thanks

Anand soni

February 9, 2009 at 3:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

klo

can u ready to pay something for getting bse eod data stock split & bonus adjusted from a data vendor for the benefit of us?Becasue this is creating a huge problem for us in doing technical analysis.

February 9, 2009 at 8:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

aksoni at 03:26AM on Feb 09, 2009

Hi Hemen,

I m anand soni from Delhi. I find getbhavcopy very helpful.

I use Aptistock.

I have a problem regarding Splits/Bonuses, how to adjust data for these stocks.

I refered to decumentation section on these site, where u hav mentioned the solution in context to Metastocks, please advise me regarding the adjustment to be made reagrding Aptistocks.

Thanks

Anand soni

Hi Anand,

Currently I do not have experience of using Getbhavcopy downloaded data with AptiStock. However I plan to do some analysis over this weekend.

Please give me some time so that I can do some analysis about the same and come back to you.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

February 10, 2009 at 12:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

klo at 08:22AM on Feb 09, 2009

can u ready to pay something for getting bse eod data stock split & bonus adjusted from a data vendor for the benefit of us?Becasue this is creating a huge problem for us in doing technical analysis.

Hi klo,

As per my understanding I think it would be illegal to get the data from a data provider and sell the data as my own (or provide it for free ). I am not a legal expert however.

Also currently I do not have plans to invest more money than what I am already doing right now. If the response in terms of donations is encouraging enough then I may think about it.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

February 10, 2009 at 12:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

klo

First of all I don't think apart from data vendor u can get bse eod data?If any member of this forum or if traderji has subscribed  to this kind of service he can share with the group.There is no need to disclose the source of that data.Then u will have legal immunity of that.U can make a request in the forum for giving donation or ask them to post bse eod data in the forum.

February 10, 2009 at 1:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi klo,

BSE provides bhavcopy on their site to be downloaded by anybody. They do not mandate that you need to be a data vendor to download the data.

As for making  post on forums to ask people who already have historical BSE data, I already did it but the response was not encouraging enough. So I am making a request again out here.

If any user has historical BSE EOD data for all equities adjusted for Split and Bonus announcements then can you please upload it on rapidshre or 4shared and share the link here.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

February 11, 2009 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

klo

You should make a request in traderji.Then it will work better.

February 13, 2009 at 6:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi klo,

I agree and I had created this post on traderji.

However the response was not very encouraging.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

February 14, 2009 at 12:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

klo

Only Viratech provides complete historical bse eod data.Other data vendor's data is incomplete.Pls see it here

http://viratechsoftware.com/stocksup_eod.html
February 15, 2009 at 10:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rajiv

In which language you have developed it? Sir!

February 16, 2009 at 11:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.