Getbhavcopy: Free NSE and BSE data downloader

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussions > NSE and BSE historical data in Metastock format.

Hemen
Site Owner

C# 3.5

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

February 16, 2009 at 2:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

aksoni

Hi Hemen,

Did u hav a luk at aptistock for the split & bonuse feature

February 16, 2009 at 10:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi aksoni,

I have downloaded Aptistock and I am playing with it. I am trying to understand the functionality. Give me some time to do more research.

I did not see any direct options to adjust aptistock data for split and bonus adjustement.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

February 17, 2009 at 12:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

aksoni

thankz 4 that,

Also it will be good to display this forum in descending date formate, thus avoide scrolling the whole page.

February 18, 2009 at 6:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi,

I understand, but the forum module provided by my hosting service does not provide that setting. I would recommend not to use this single thread to post unrelated topics. You can start a new thread.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

February 18, 2009 at 10:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rajiv

In the Option Tab "Ignore Weekend" option will ignore Saturday and Sunday whereas some times Indian market open on these days then how can I get data for these days?

Many thanks for the 4shared link to download Bonus/Split adjusted historical data in MetaStock format but I highly appreciate if you can provide the same in your standard format. (4shared.com)

Try to provide $Gold and $Silver historical data as well as provided fo the stock market.

February 22, 2009 at 6:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi,

If you want to download data for some days when the market is open on weekends (diwali muhurat sometimes) then you need to uncheck the Ignore Weekend option.

I dont have historical data in the standard ascii format from the inception of the index.

Gold and Siler are traded on the commodities market and Getbhavcopy as of now downloads data for NSE and BSE only.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

February 22, 2009 at 6:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

klo

Hemen at 04:17PM on Jan 31, 2009

Hi,

I have compiled historical NSE and BSE data in Metastock format and have uploaded it to Rapishare. This data is compatiable with Getbhavcopy i.e. you can use Getbhavcopy to downloade daily EOD data from NSE and BSE servers and update it.

National Stock Exchange, India

NSE_20081213.zip

Bombay Stock Exchange, India

BSE_20081230.part01.rar

BSE_20081230.part02.rar

BSE_20081230.part03.rar

BSE_20081230.part04.rar

BSE_20081230.part05.rar

BSE_20081230.part06.rar

BSE_20081230.part07.rar

BSE_20081230.part08.rar

4 days data has been missed in ur historical eod data for nse.Pls rectify it.In nse I can get historical eod data for ITC for 3571 days.But in ur databse I cam get data for only 3567 days.So 4 days data is missed.

March 1, 2009 at 7:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi Klo,

I appreciate your quest for perfect data, however a missing data for 4 days of the total of 3571 days is not going to cause any impact on the outcome of your technical analysis.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

March 1, 2009 at 3:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

klo

can you readjust that 4 day's data into your database?

March 2, 2009 at 10:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi,

It will be an overkill to make users download a 30 MB zip file for 4 days of ITC data. I believe the better approach is to first determine the four days and manually enter it in the Metastock database using downloader utility.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

March 2, 2009 at 1:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

klo

It is not only for itc it is for every stocks.You have to find this dates and enter this data from nse by usng get bhavocopy.And offcourse in split & bonus adjusted.

March 3, 2009 at 3:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

preetinder singh

Hemen,

recently i had got downloaded the metastock 9 pro from net and i had followed the instructions as told and converted the data to metastock\NSE in the downloader . but when i open metastock data folder the NSE folder in it shows that it is empty. the last window in the downloader shows that " some warnings " . can u help me out of my problem please ?

March 5, 2009 at 4:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

preetinder singh

or you can suggest any link where related help is available like demo instructions prescribed to load data in metastock . because the help link of metastock in my download shows that the help for this program is not available.

March 6, 2009 at 4:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi,

Can you please check the Documentation section of this website. It contains all the information you need to get Metastock working with Getbhavcopy. If you still face issues then post a new thread and I can help you out.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

March 6, 2009 at 1:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

preetinder singh

hemen,

thanks ur advice was helpful . one more little problem i faced that when i tried to convert data for "2009-03-09-BSE-EQ.txt" a little window appeared asking " please enter the ticker symbol for the data in : C:\GETBHAVCOPY\BSE\2009-03-09-BSE-EQ.txt" . what symbol should i tipe in that column.

March 9, 2009 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Preetinder,

Read this forum http://www.getbhavcopy.com/apps/forums/topics/show/317074-ticker-symbol-error

and the documentation link in the post.

-Hemen

March 9, 2009 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

manu

hi it manmohan reddy from bangalore,i am using getbhavcopy sinece 3 months it works good and more efficent than any other paid software as far my knowledge...

dear moderator can u guide me how to get and where to get historical  intra day  day fior maetastock..............

i am using odin entracor for live data to meta stock,but i need old data pls guide me...........................................

March 10, 2009 at 8:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Not sure where you will find historical intraday data. I believe some user would reply to your query.

-Hemen

March 10, 2009 at 11:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ankur2u

how 2 ger eod for nse or bse

March 20, 2009 at 2:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.