Getbhavcopy: Free NSE and BSE data downloader

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussions > NSE and BSE historical data in Metastock format.

Hemen
Site Owner

Ankur,

I do not understand your question. May be you should read the Home Page and the Documentation section once.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

March 20, 2009 at 1:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sandy

Hi Hemen,

Thanks for developing such wonderful software..

I have downloaded NSE_20081213.zip file provided by you. Also i have unzipped it but it shows me below files

F258.MWD to F2617.MWD

F1 to F255 having video CD movie format files

can you please help how i download all the data fro above files into Aptistock?

Also can you please tell me the period of this data

Thanks

--
March 21, 2009 at 12:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi Sandy,

Since windows is an extension based system, in your system the extension DAT is associated with the video player (even on my system it shows the video file icon). But that does not mean that the file is a video file. It still contains Metastock data.

The data that you downloaded using the links above is Metastock format (binary) data and I am not sure if it is directly compatible to be used in Aptistock as I do not have experience of Aptistock.

I am currently in the process of converting that Metastock data into ASCII (CSV) data that is more compatible with other softwares. I will soon release it.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

March 21, 2009 at 10:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sandy

Thanks Hemen...

When you will release it.

March 22, 2009 at 1:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

M.R.Kulkarni

is payment option offers additional facilities?

M.R.K.

March 22, 2009 at 2:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi Sandy,

I am done generating the data but i still need to upload it. May be tomorrow you will get it.

Hi M.R. Kulkarni,

No there is no additional functionality that gets unlocked with payment. If you are happy with the software all is ask is a small donation.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

March 22, 2009 at 2:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi Sandy,

I have uploaded historical data in ASCII format. The links are in the topic NSE and BSE historical data in ASCII format.

I believe that will allow you to import that data in Aptistock. I do not have much experience with the software so cant help you directly there. If you are able to import the ASCII data into Aptistock then please do share the procedure.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

March 22, 2009 at 7:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

johnny

Hey bro,

Thanks for data. u r utility is also cool.

[email protected]m

johnny

March 23, 2009 at 6:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sub263

Hi Hemen,

I am using metastock 10,I have downloded NSE & BSE historical data in metastock format. I pasted in my metastock data folder but the files are not being recoganized by metastock.

March 23, 2009 at 6:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi,

Extract the NSE historical data in Metastock format in a folder NSE on your c:\ drive. Start Metastock in Offilne Mode and click File >> Open and browse to the NSE folder on your desktop. Once you go into that folder it should show you all the NSE stocks.

Let me know if that works.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

March 24, 2009 at 12:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sub263

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.I did that but its not working ...i copied a file called xmaster.dat from my metastock database to yours and it worked for BSE and failed for NSE

March 24, 2009 at 1:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

What is the point in replacing the XMASTER or MASTER file from your database to mine. That will corrupt things up. The Metastock database you extracted from the zip file is self sufficient to work with Metastock.

You do not mention exactly what is not working. Just by saying that it does not work, does not provide me any technical background to help you with.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

March 24, 2009 at 4:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fantastic

i appreciate ur work

April 7, 2009 at 7:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Thanks for using Getbhavcopy.

April 9, 2009 at 7:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jitender

Hi Hemen

Thanks for community help by providing nice utility GetBhavcopy. Today I started trying Metastock and Amibroker first time. With your utility and instructions I could easily make my database for NSE for metastock and amibroker. Nice to see charts NSE stocks chart displaying in softwares. I have downloaded ascii files from NSE from 1 Jan 2008 to 9 April 2009 and converted to metastock format.

You also provide the consolidated ascii and metastock files till december 2008. I have not downloaded these files so far, Before I download I actually wanted to know that from which dates these files are so that if its earlier than 1 Jan 2008, I would download the files then.

Thanks again for your nice, convenient, easy to use utility and straightforward easy to follow instructions to get into most commonly used softwares (Amibroker and Metastock)

Regards

Jitender Madan

April 9, 2009 at 11:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi Jitender,

The ascii and metastock files that i have in the additional download section are the same data. Moreover they are from the inception of the exchanges. So it dates way back to 1994 or earlier.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

April 9, 2009 at 11:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sreekanth

thanks

April 16, 2009 at 9:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

opalcute

Dear Heman, what you have done is wonderful job. yours is a cute little but effective downloader. thanks a lot for giving it to us.

April 22, 2009 at 10:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

praveenk

HI

I am realy very happy see this site. you are rocking. For beginners it is realy very useful.

April 23, 2009 at 2:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]

Hi Since you added few indexes in later releases of bhavcopy. Can you give historic data download seperately for those added indexes?

May 19, 2009 at 12:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.