Getbhavcopy: Free NSE and BSE data downloader

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussions > NSE and BSE historical data in Metastock format.

Hemen
Site Owner

I added the new Indices for BSE. The historical data was also obtained from BSE. So you should be able to find that data on Traderji.

May 23, 2009 at 9:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DINESH KUMAR

sir i am not able to download my data .  if i run getbhavcopy iam not able to change the date which show start date 01/01/2002 and end date 01/01/2002

June 8, 2009 at 12:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DINESH KUMAR

soryy Hemen I didnt chang my system date so only i cant download the data .  now its ok

One more Can U provide us intraday online data for online trading purpose If its so pls help us I will be very much thanks for u .  Pls give the link ,,

June 8, 2009 at 12:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

UnitedBull

hello sir,

really apreciate ur work.. i think its wonderful that ur helping others..

sir recently i downloaded nse historical data in metastock format...

but when i open it using metastock, i found the data from 11th Dec 2006...

firsti thght it must be from that date only, but later i checked and foundout that u've mentioned that the data is from 1994(or 1992)....

please help me on this....!!!

i'm using metastock 7.2...

thanks in advance....

July 5, 2009 at 3:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ganesh

pl tell me hw to download data to amibroker

July 5, 2009 at 3:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

@UnitedBull: I am not sure why you think the data is from 2006. It could be possible that you are checking a particular stock data which may have listed on 11 Dec 2006 and hence the data would be from that date in the case of the script.

If you see the overall data (i.e. for indices and other blue chips) you will notice that the data dates far back.

@Ganesh : Please read the documentation section of the site. All steps are mentioned in the same.

Sorry for the delayed response, I was on vacation without access to internet.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

July 9, 2009 at 5:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

safdar

Historic nse data can also be downloaded from here . File is split in 2 parts of 12 mb each.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/5474793/a572f003/nse_nov_94_to_December_2008.html                                                

Historic bse data can also be downloaded from here . File is split in 6 parts of 12 mb each

http://www.4shared.com/dir/3696418/c31eff01/bse_data_jan_1984_to_december_2008_.html

Files are in metastock format. Data is complete, and not adjusted for splits and bonus

Safdar

July 10, 2009 at 2:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi Safdar,

How is your data different from the one that I provide till Dec 2008. Moreover mine is adjusted from split and bonus.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

July 10, 2009 at 4:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Grent

Hemen,

I am so grateful to you for providing this FREE software. I use it for Amibroker.

I have come accross another Good samaritan like you on the net who is giving out FREE pattern recognotion software. This program needs stockwise folders for data source. I will be highly obliged if you can show me how to achieve this from the bhavcopy downloaded by your software. Thanks and salute.

July 11, 2009 at 12:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi Grent,

I dont think that Getbhavcopy will be updated ever to meet the various needs of various users in which they need the data. Hence I decided on the particular data download format such that it is compatibale with majority for TA softwares and meets the needs of most users.

If you need additional processing on the data once it gets downloaded, you may have to do it on your own.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

July 11, 2009 at 2:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

swapnil

Dear hemen

I  would like to bring to your notice that bhav copy data  is not downloding  nifty data, ,

all stock ohlc data gets downloded , this happened only on friday 10/7

please help

Thanks 

regards

swapnil

July 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Hi Swapnil,

Thanks. We are aware of the issue.Check these posts

http://www.getbhavcopy.com/apps/forums/topics/show/1002375-nse-nifty-?page=last

http://www.getbhavcopy.com/apps/forums/topics/show/1003398-10-7-2009-nse-index-details-missing-?page=last

For now I believe this will get automatically resolved once NSE fixes the problem at their end.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

July 12, 2009 at 4:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ashis

i already Bombay Stock Exchange, India (Metastock Format) but now i cant read it this is a rar file.i exteact the file the i cant read it. Help------

July 20, 2009 at 11:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ashis

how can i read Metastock format

July 20, 2009 at 11:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

I have absolutely no idea what you are asking....

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

July 20, 2009 at 3:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

getzy

Hi Hemen,
Thanks for the great resources and valuable help that you are providing to the trading community.

I'm very much a newbie, and have downloaded the data and thanks for the detailed guide, i was able to import that successfully into Fcharts.

I tried updating the bhavcopy from 15th Decemeber till date, but its painfully slow.

If someone has already downloaded the EOD data, can you please upload the recent ones to Rapidshare or any other sites?

Thanks In advance,

July 21, 2009 at 11:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

One suggestion I can give you is to set the start date and end date and let Getbhavcopy download the bulk of data. Yes it will take some time, but it does not take any user input.

Then you can read the turorial about Importing bulk data into Metastock (but can be used for any TA software)

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

July 22, 2009 at 12:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

getzy

Thanks Hemen, but just for my understanding, on my system it takes around 5 minutes for downloading for a single day. Is that normal?

July 22, 2009 at 1:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

5 minutes looks to be a bit on the higher side. For me it usually takes 50 seconds to download the NSE and BSE data for one day.

However we cannot compare that exactly as my internet speed will be different than yours.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

July 22, 2009 at 9:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

work024X7

Hello Sir,

Me Analyst in STOCKS , COMMODITIES, FOREX, LIBOR. Is there any converter to convert the Excell file format EOD Data to ASCII Format[Which is used in Metastock].

Is there any converter to  convert Excell file format EOD Data to Nero shell trading Software Format. Please let me know.

Thank You,

NI Financial Services

Ph:09894503923

E.Mail: [email protected]

--
August 1, 2009 at 2:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.