Getbhavcopy: Free NSE and BSE data downloader

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussions > NSE and BSE historical data in Metastock format.

s.c.kale

Dear Hemenji,

While I was downloading the BSE and NSE Historical EOD data from www.4shared.com, I got an error message for BSE data Part 09.rar saying that the link for the requested file not valid so I could not download that file, could you please check or give alternate address link where this file is available

Thanking you,

Sharad Kale

(log in id- [email protected]) 

December 29, 2009 at 1:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bhavcopy

s.c.kale at 01:04PM on Dec 29, 2009

Dear Hemenji,

While I was downloading the BSE and NSE Historical EOD data from www.4shared.com, I got an error message for BSE data Part 09.rar saying that the link for the requested file not valid so I could not download that file, could you please check or give alternate address link where this file is available

Thanking you,

Sharad Kale

(log in id- [email protected]) 

I also had similar problem. However, I downloaded the last part (part09) from rapidshare and used the other parts from 4shared.com. It worked!!!

January 4, 2010 at 3:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PDS

hi heman

first of all thanks for historical data of both exchanges.i am using Getbhavcopy version 2.0.7  but iam facing problem that my window 7 get hanged by this.i have to restart it.please give the solution of this problem.

can u upload histrical data from 01/01/09 to 31/12/09 of both exchanges

thanks in advance

pawandeep

January 5, 2010 at 9:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

hello

Dear Sir,

many a time i facing the error with the software of enable to get directory so for solving that what i have to do

January 7, 2010 at 8:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sanjay

Helo Hemen ji,

When I used the downloaded data i Aptistock, it shows following error.

"Unknown the DATA format. The file is not the MetaStock or ASCII format. Please use the MetaStock Format data."

So please give me the solution for this error.... so that I can use this data in Aptistock.

Can GBC download the EOD data in MetaStock or ASCII format ?

Waiting for your earliest reply.

Thanking you,

Sanjay.

January 12, 2010 at 2:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sandippandya

Hi Hemen,

I have downloaded all 8 rar files of NSE and BSE historical data in Metastock format. Now let me know, do I have to merge all 8 file in one? If Yes, how? And than how to merge it with EOD data?

Regards

Sandip

January 21, 2010 at 7:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sandippandya

After merging Hisorical data with EOD data, for split & bonus adjustment which date is to be entered as a First date, since historical data is already adjusted for split & bonus.

Regards

Sandip

January 21, 2010 at 8:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Sandip,

Lets first see how to get NSE data working, BSE is similar to it except one more step of merging that data files.

1. Once you download the NSE data file, unzip it and you wil have an NSE folder that is your NSE matastock database. It has data merged for split and options till that date.

2. After unzipping it, Open Metastock and clikc file open and browse to that directory where you downloaded the data. It will show various smart charts, open one to see that it shows required data.

With this step your NSE historical database for Metastock is in place.

Now you need to update this data with current data daily and also for some historical data between the day till which the data is there in the zip file and today.

For that follow this process.

Importing EOD stock data downloaded using Getbhavcopy into Metastock

Try to iport data for 4 to 5 individual days so that you are comfortable with the process and understand what is happening...now you can try to import the data in bulk.

Importing bulk Getbhavcopy data into Metastock

Also read the Metastock section of Getbhavcopy documentation for split and bonus adjustments and renaming symbols.

Now once you are comfortable with this we will see the BSE options.

1. Since BSE data is split in 8 parts you will need to download all and then use WinRAR to merge the files. This will give a BSE data directory identical to NSE, which is the metastock database. Note that BSE historical data is not split and bonus adjusted.

Also note the impact of the Enable Output header option in case you are looking to bulk import the data into Metastock for BSE only

It helps reading the Documentation section if this site first...also use search as most of your questions have been answered previously.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

January 23, 2010 at 2:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

hisona

Hello!

Hemanbhai,

Its great ! NO other's software do what your software is working easily.

one problame is that some time nse data or some time bse data can't download from site message appear is NSEBHAV.GBC / BSEBHAV.GBC NOT FOUND ?

WHY ? PLEASE HELP

WE VERY THANKFULL 2 U

THANKS

January 26, 2010 at 9:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Arindam Mukherjee

hi

i'm a new comer in this world i hav installed metastock and downloaded the nse and bse historical data in metastock format.

but now i want to know how i apply this downloads into metastock as I have downloaded in a remote PC. should I just copy and paste it? if it is so then where I mean in which file i should copy the downloads in metastock?

February 19, 2010 at 1:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

mark1230

hi hemen well i was thinking that your software is really good to have one.I am a team author at a blog meant for only software's which are used for trading online .I wanted to have some more info on this software ,if you can help me in a post on this software its benefits and more for indian users

This is my blog Stock Analysis Software Reviews

February 19, 2010 at 3:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

mark1230 at 03:58AM on Feb 19, 2010

hi hemen well i was thinking that your software is really good to have one.I am a team author at a blog meant for only software's which are used for trading online .I wanted to have some more info on this software ,if you can help me in a post on this software its benefits and more for indian users

This is my blog Stock Analysis Software Reviews

What sort of help do you need ? Most of the information is available on this site and you can get enough meat out of that.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

February 19, 2010 at 12:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

rakesh6882

Dear Hemen Bhai,

Im new to metastock.

Could you pls provide updated historical data for NSE & BSE till daet (19th feb 2010)

I did see the hostorical data till 31-12-2008. I did download that. 

can i get the data from that day till date using getbhavcopy using your software..i think i can.

Pls guide me..im new to this

Regards,

Rakesh

February 20, 2010 at 1:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Yes you can get the data ...set the start date and end date accordingly. I suggest you download data in chunks for one month so that it is easier for you to spot any errors if any occured.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

February 20, 2010 at 10:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Neville_ed

Hi Hemen -

I downloaded the NSE and BSE historical data .  Is the BSE data split / bonus adjusted as well

You mentioned NSE data is adjusted , was wondering if the BSE data is adjusted as well. NAd a bug thank you for putting it up for download

Neville

February 22, 2010 at 1:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

loveinvns

mr. heman

maine metastock me getbhavcopy se 13-4-10 ka bhav copy kiya aur use metastock ke downloader se convert kiya jab maine explore kiya than error msg aa raha hai this data  somthing so plz help kya mujhe pahale sabhi old data collect karane honge aur metastock me last min kitane dino ke bhav load karane honge plz help

rakesh nagar

i m waiting for ur reply

[email protected]

April 14, 2010 at 2:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

varmavjw

Hi Heman,

Thanks a lot for your software which is of great help for so many traders. Through your site i have learned to convert the eod data to metastock. I have downloaded and converted the data from jan 2009 to Mar 31 2010 into metastock format . Now the problem is if i try to add april data to it all the old charts are getting disturbed. Please suggest me how to do it...

April 26, 2010 at 1:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Strategist

Hai Heman,

Thank you very much for the effort you put in for public use. Who ever use this service volunterly contribute towards your expences. one suggetion from my side is can you upload latest historical data in metastock format as i found the uploaded historical data is very old (13-12-2008), It will be helpful for new comes like me.

regards

Strategist

May 13, 2010 at 12:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hemen
Site Owner

Neville_ed,

BSE data is not adjusted for splits and bonus. This is because I got that data some traderji and it was in that state there too. It was too difficult for me to adjust it all manually.

loveinvns,

I do not know wht is the issue at your hand. Please read the documentation section that explains how to import data into Metastock.

varmavjw,

What is the issue you see when you add the April data? What do you mean by the data is getting disturbed? Can you provide some screenshots etc?

Read the post Adding attachments and images to posts to understand how to do that.

Strategiest,

I will request any regualar user of Getbhavcopy to see if latest data files can be released.

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen Kapadia

May 16, 2010 at 4:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

senthil

hi

July 11, 2010 at 9:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.